Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Low sodium stuffing.

This is perfect for thanksgiving. I can't have a lot of sodium so I make this instead of the stove top stuff.

Ingredients

1 tblsp light butter
14 oz stuffing bread (such as pepperidge farm
or mrs cubbison)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced musrhoom
2-3 cloves of garlic
2- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
poultry seasoning to taste ( I usually use 1-2 tsp)
pepper to taste around 1 tsp


Directions

preheat oven to 350 degrees

heat a large saute pan once heated add butter and spray with cooking spray add carrots and saute add celery, onion, garlic and mushroom add additional cooking spray if needed continue cooking until veggies are tender remove from heat transfer to bowl and allow to cool slightly

in a large bowl add bread stuffing and veggies toss together season with pepper and poultry seasoning add chicken broth mixing until moist but not soaking taste and adjust seasoning

spray casserole dish with cooking spray add stuffing mix and cover with foil bake 20-25 minutes uncover and cook additional 10 minutes or until slightly crispy on top

serves around 1/2 cup each serving

Number of Servings: 16
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. I am a new follower. I hope you will follow me back.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower! Hope you'll stop by my blog, She's Mommafied!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower! Please come follow me at:

    http://couponsandfreebiesforyou.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete