Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Homemade Cracker Jacks

Ingredients:

1 cup Peanuts
4 cup Popped corn
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Molasses

Directions:

1. Mix popcorn and peanuts together in a large bowl or pan.

2. Cook molasses and sugar together until the mixture reaches a tempurature of 235 degrees on a candy thermometer. If you don't have a thermometer, test the syrup by letting some drop from a spoon into a cup of cold water. The syrup is done when it forms a thead as it drops into the water.

3. Pour hot syrup mixture over the popcorn nut mixture and stir to coat evenly.

4. Cool and break into chunks with a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. ummmm yes please! I will definitely be making this!

    I am loving your blog, can't wait to read more. Feel free to come visit me over at
    http://sassysippycupsandstickysarcasm.blogspot.com/

    And my cousin and I just started a new blog about randomness from our lives. Feel free to stop by and follow us for your daily dose of randomness :)

    http://ohmyramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls will love to make this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete